Semester at Korea University (for Korean students)
TEAN has joined with one of the most prestigious universities in South Korea – Korea University – to offer Korean students currently enrolled at a U.S. university a unique semester in their home country allowing them to stay on track for graduation. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect international travel and schooling, this program allows Korean students unable to return to their U.S. campuses to continue earning credit toward their degree. It is also a rare opportunity to attend one of Korea’s leading learning institutions for a semester.
Stay on track to graduate without having to worry about visas and travel
Take advantage of the opportunity to study at one of Asia’s top universities, Korea University, taking classes alongside other Korean students
Receive credits on a Korea University transcript with guidance on transferring the credit to your school in the US
Live in Seoul, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place that combines cutting-edge technology, nature and ancient history like no other
Benefit from access to TEAN’s Seoul Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
About Korea University
- Established in 1905, Korea University is a member of the prestigious group of SKY universities in Korea, similar to the Ivy League in the U.S.
- Korea University is ranked 51st in the world for Social Sciences and Management based on the QS World University Rankings 2020.
- Korea University’s Business School is the first and only business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
- A private institution, Korea University boasts a beautifully manicured campus with award-winning architecture that combines classic and modern styles and is considered to be one of the most attractive campuses in South Korea.
Korea University is a traditional campus located in the Anam neighborhood of Seoul’s Seongbuk district, 3 miles from the city center. Visit the google map link below to see the location.View Map
Students have access to all courses available this fall at Korea University. Approximately 40% of courses at Korea University are taught in English. Students may take courses offered in English or Korean.
Students can enroll in 4–5 subjects per semester (3 credits), which usually transfers as 12-15 U.S. semester credits. Visit the Korea University online course catalog for a listing of all courses offered (in Korean and English) and download course syllabi. Courses are available in the below subject areas.
|Communications & Media||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Visual and Performing Arts, & Design||
- 2.5 GPA.
- Currently enrolled at a U.S. university
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of application
- If you have recently transferred to a new four-year institution, you need to have completed at least one semester at your new school
Our team works with students from start to finish throughout the study abroad process. Our U.S.-based programs staff will help guide students through the application process and students will meet our Resident Director in Seoul who will provide assistance during the semester. Our staff is readily available and able to assist students with any questions or issues that they may face during the semester.
Students will have a half-day orientation and campus tour with TEAN’s Resident Director.
Accommodation is currently not included in the program fee but a list of recommended housing options will be provided for students to organize independently. Students coming from some US campuses have separately arranged accommodation options. Please also check with your US institution.
Program Dates & Fees
|Application Deadline||Nov 10|
|University Orientation||Feb 24|
|Classes Begin||March 1|
|Classes End||June 11|
|Program Ends||June 20|
FEES AND INCLUSIONS
Contact your home university for program pricing.
Students applying independently of their schools should contact us for pricing.
- Tuition for up to 5 courses
- Official academic transcript from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Services of local Resident Director in Korea
We love Seoul
Student Service Manager - Seoul
The Insadong district will offer a traditional Korean fix between all of the shops and nearby Bukchon Hanok village. This is an ideal neighborhood for a Korean feast and souvenir shopping. Here you will easily find dishes such as ginseng chicken with black rice and soybean paste stew – a TEAN staff favorite – and a wide variety of authentic kimchi.
The Hongdae neighborhood is the center of nightlife for college students in Seoul – you’ll likely make some new friends from all over the world hanging out in Hongdae Park. Try to catch one of the many cool events, like Silent Discos that take place very frequently right inside the playground area. All throughout the city you’ll randomly come across a street performance or a parade of some sort but Hongdae is an especially great area for interesting activities and delicious street food.